Monday, March 10, 2008

I feel like a traitor........



For the past 8 years, besides Max who obviously comes out tops, one of the big the loves of my life has been Bloublitz, my little pocket rocket Opel Kadett 2.0is. I have mentioned her several times on this blog, she has been a fun part of our lives, and we have been on some great journeys together.



I now find myself at a stage where I need to move on, and get a car that is bigger so that we can go travelling with the kids and grandchildren. So with a heavy heart I have finally got my head around the idea of selling Bloublitz. She has been such a loyal and trusty little car that I feel quite bad, but it has to be done, and I am very chuffed with her successor, who comes home tomorrow.



She is one of those 'love them or hate them' designs, I happen to love it. The Daihatsu Materia is by no means huge, but her strange London taxi design means she has a lot of interior space for a compact car.

I will miss the sporty performance of Bloublitz, and her onboard computer which used to tell us fun things like the outside temperature, average speed and fuel consumption, instant consumption etc. I know my days of getting a kick out of cruising uphill at 120 kph in 5th and still getting a burst of acceleration for overtaking are going to be a thing of the past, but I suppose at 53, I have to think about growing up and being more sedate, RATS!!!!

Anyway cheers BB, its been a fun ride and I hope your new owner takes good care of you.

10 comments:

imac said...

Both look nice cant decide which one i like best.

Unknown said...

Enjoy your new ride, hope you have many happy miles in her.

Anonymous said...

First, I came over to thank you for stopping at my Brookville daily photo blog and for the comment there. I do appreciate it.

Then I read your post for today and your car stories. I looked at the car you are getting with the unusual design which is something like the new Toyota and also the PC Cruiser. It probably is big inside.

If you like it go for it is my opinion. You are going to live with it for a while. I think it is cute.

Thanks again.

Tom said...

Hi Suzi
I like the look of it to, just been over to there site and read a bit on it.. I still like it so nothing I read put me off... I would like the bigger engined 4x4. The only thing I do not like is the ground clearance. It as a good deal of safety features which a resonable turn of speed for the car it is.

Enjoy, I'm sure this one will win your heart as well.

Gillian Mowbray said...

Isn't it odd how attached we become to our cars. So illogical but who cares?
Have fun. x

Anonymous said...

I had that strange feeling also when I had to leave my ten year old Fiat Marea ... and I went to a VW Jetta ... even today I sigh for that oldie!
Never saw that Daihatsu but it seems big and great!

Gill said...

Wow, what strange car names!
The second looks like a car we have here in North America, the PT cruiser.
How are you!!!!????
xo

Isadora said...

Looks like a vehicle out of the Chicago gangster movies. Surely has more room that the Kadett! Good luck.

Janet said...

Oh, I hope BB goes to a good home. I'm with the "love it" group! I like the shape of your new car. I'm sure it will take you on some marvelous journeys.

Dick said...

Hey, I have had a Opel Kadett 1.6i some years ago. Now I have a VW Golf. Your new car looks unusual.