Friday, December 07, 2007

Skywatch Friday #8 ... Twice as Nice

A series of photos taken from my archives, where the sky is interesting, and because it is mirrored in water, you get to enjoy it twice!


The Quinera River at Bonza Bay in East London. My folks lived on the bank of the river, near the mouth, and from the top floor of their duplex, you could get wonderful views of the sunrise and sunset over the water, and also the sandbar across the mouth of the river, and the waves pounding beyond. Even the rainbow on a clear day was duplicated!



My favourite beach, at Cape Saint Francis, sweeps around the bay, and at spring tide, waves would wash right up it, and fill the hollows, causing logoons that lasted for several days before soaking away. At these times, the sunrise reflected in the still water made it worth rising early for a stroll in the dark, to capture the rising sun.


And finally, excuse the poor quality of the scan, my old scanner used to leave stripes on everything, but I couldn't resist adding this one of Luderitz in Namibia. I am totally in love with the place! In fact, I MUST remember to give you a tour of Namibia sometime, it is one of the most stunning and fascinating places on the planet. If, like me, your chief interests happen to be Geology and Photography, with a passion for deserts thrown in, you will also think you have died and gone to heaven!

14 comments:

A Reason to Paint said...

Wow! You have some really spectacular skies over there.

Dick said...

Oh, wow. These are really beautiful skies. The reflections are so beautiful.

imac said...

Oh My Showing off now, lol. Just great skies.

Lilli & Nevada said...

Those are some great photos thanks for sharing them all

imac said...

Tis me agin:)

Story ends and a question in my blog.

Lilli & Nevada said...

To answer your question about the cat being a seasoned traveler, the answer is yes all 10 of them are.

dot said...

Sorry I missed your sky pictures on Friday. They are really beautiful! Yes, you do have to sign up every week on mr linky. This eliminates you having to keep a blog roll. I'm trying to put mr linky up on Thursday evenings after 7 pm. I don't know what time that would be over where you are.

dot said...

I forgot to tell you but you make a comment just like on any other post. Just click on comments at the bottom of the post.

Garden Angel said...

Beautiful photos!
My favorite must be the first one;)

Rune Eide said...

Lots of nice pictures. I go the first one of the group of four - the one with the reflected structure to the right of middle. That structure made the picture really great!

Andree said...

You are a master of skies! The very first one, for me, is stunning. The colors are unusual and the clouds are interesting.

Janet said...

Spectacular skies! I love the one with that orange-y red sky. You most certainly live in a beautiful part of the world!

gaz said...

gorgeous photos. thanks for visiting.

bcmomtoo said...

I am completely amazed by all of these photos. WOW! Thank you so much for sharing.